Sunday, August 21, 2011

Future Insight + New Dev Feature

Well, Silver here. Letting everyone know what the deal is with mapping. I figured, rather than just increasing the number, I'd go ahead and throw up a really useful link to the side in the Progress Center.

The link is this. Too lazy to click? Here.

 

Alright. "This just looks like Taeyl" Well, that's because it is. This new feature I'm talking about is... This picture will be updated constantly. I'll put a link to it in the Progress center. Pretty much, the roads in highlighted yellow have been named and completely mapped. The cities, towns, and special areas that are crossed off with an X have been completely mapped and named. The untouched parts of the map represent an area that is completely mapped, but with no name, or aren't mapped at all. Keep in touch with this map, I should update it every so often.

Now, the future insight I promised... Here.

"Ahh! Silver, quit spamming me maps of Taeyl!" Well, calm down for a minute. Haha. See, this map has been marked differently. This is a map displaying all of the 'port' towns that will be available in the game. "Why so many port towns?" Well, I have lakes and rivers n' such, but I don't want those to be the only fishing spots. I don't want to limit where a player can fish, especially considering the fact they are surrounded by an ocean! The cities or towns marked with yellow are towns that are ports, but only contain docks for fishing... Fishing docks. The towns marked in red are the only ones with both fishing docks, and a boat docks to enable travel between the two cities. The boat docks will house the boats (obviously) where the fishing docks can be used to fish!

I'm doing this, so that some towns are more than just a place to pass by and say you've visited. I want to give every single town and city a specific use and purpose, to enable traveling between all of them. That's why so many paths are circular and nonlinear.

I hope some of you found this update to be of interest. Thanks for being a part of PDoA2's development! =]

1 comment: