Friday, October 14, 2011

Has it really been a month?

Wow! It's been one month and four days since I've written in this blog. It's been feeling lonely and neglected.

Now, the reason for my absence was that I had gotten up and tangled up in the rush of real life. Nothing to terribly bad happened. And I was always online, developing for PDoA. Pulling off all nighters and such.

Well, regardless of the excuse, I do terribly apologize for keeping you guys in the dark for so long.

Now, what you've all been waiting for. More development news.

PDoA2 Beta News I - Shedding Light On The Private Beta
Mapping for the 'Beta Area' has been completed. Only a small section of Taeyl has been completed. This small section is known as the 'Beta Test Zone'. Pretty much, mapping will cease, so that I may be focused on adding features. This 'Beta Test Zone' serves as the test map.

Anyhow, a private beta is is the conception stage. Private beta access and more details will be posted on the Pokemon: Den of Ages Classic website. The private beta will be a shoot and go kind of thing. More involvement with the development process. I plan on coding and adding features, and once features are administratively tested, I will allow a 3 day (up to a 2 week) testing period to test the integrity of the new features. Anyhow, you'll just want to keep the PDoA website on your radar for the next day or two until I solidify these details for you.

PDoA2 Beta News II - Breeding!
Lastly, a confirmed feature (which will mark the release of the first private beta release) is breeding! EVs need to be tweaked a bit, I admit; however, IVs and Natures need to be implemented (well, they were implemented in PDoA Classic but were not active). These are crucial for any Pokemon game, I understand; so, yes! I will be making those additions before the first release.

PDoA Classic News - Updated Development: Introducing TMs
This next bit of news also covers the status of Pokemon: Den of Ages Classic. I do believe that if I'm to garner support for PDoA2, I have to actively be a part of that game too. And just for those who are unaware, I try to be as close to that game as possible. The more support I get for PDoA, the more support PDoA2 will receive upon public release. That being said, I've decided to partially support PDoA.

... Partially? What do I mean by partially? Well, I wont be tailoring to those who lost Pokemon in a glitch or anything like that. Those days of PDoA Classic are over. However, due to the recent banning of Pokemon with TM moves, I have decided to make TMs work in PDoA Classic before cutting off all support for it. This way, those of you who have ordered Pokemon with TM moves can start to actively use them without reprimand; and those of you who don't want to order Pokemon because of this new ban; fear not! Hopefully with this addition, the sudden ban on TM moves will disappear completely. I will post more details about TM moves and their addition to PDoA Classic on the website hosting that game. I'll reiterate: you may want to keep PDoA Classic's website under your radar for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment